From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:51:00
1 On Friday 06 February 2009 15:29:21 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:58:56 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > > I prefer man. Even huge manpages. You can easily search them and if
4 > > > you don't know what you are looking for you can glanze them over
5 > > > quickly.
6 > >
7 > > The kde ioslave for info makes this somewhat tolerable. At least you
8 > > move around in a webpage-like environment that feels familiar.
9 >
10 > Which begs the question, why not use HTML? It can be read on just about
11 > anything, searched and either split into chapters or presented as a single
12 > page.
13
14 The cynic in me says that it's because Tim Berners-Lee invented HTML, not
15 Richard M Stallman.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com