From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 14:30:13
1 On 2009-02-06, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Friday 06 February 2009 15:29:21 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:58:56 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >> > > I prefer man. Even huge manpages. You can easily search them and if
5 >> > > you don't know what you are looking for you can glanze them over
6 >> > > quickly.
7 >> >
8 >> > The kde ioslave for info makes this somewhat tolerable. At least you
9 >> > move around in a webpage-like environment that feels familiar.
10 >>
11 >> Which begs the question, why not use HTML? It can be read on just about
12 >> anything, searched and either split into chapters or presented as a single
13 >> page.
14 >
15 > The cynic in me says that it's because Tim Berners-Lee
16 > invented HTML, not Richard M Stallman.
17
18 Info has been around a lot longer than HTML, but I think you're
19 largely correct.
22 Grant Edwards grante Yow! LBJ, LBJ, how many
23 at JOKES did you tell today??!
24 visi.com