From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange install path but only on one machine
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 05:13:20
1 On 07/05/10 22:09:09, Arttu V. wrote:
2 > On 7/5/10, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > > MAKEOPTS=-j1 didn't help
4 > >
5 > > instead of
6 > > /var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/exact-image-0.8.1/image//usr/lib64/
7 > > python2.6/site-packages
8 > >
9 > > there is a file
10 > > /var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/exact-image-0.8.1/image
11 > > /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
12 > >
13 > > note lib not lib64
14 > > python2.5 not python2.6
15 > >
16 > > eselect python list gives
17 > > Available Python interpreters:
18 > > [1] python2.6 *
19 > > [2] python3.1
20 > >
21 > > So, where does this come from?
22 >
23 > Unfortunately I have no more theories, short of broken python on
24 > Gentoo (not just on your box). I can reproduce the problem in a test
25 > environment I keep using, so it's probably not something due to,
26 > e.g.,
27 > a need for revdep-rebuild or python-updater (although running them
28 > rarely hurts).
29 >
30 > But could tell us a bit more about the system on which this does
31 > *not*
32 > happen? How is it different? Is it an x86 or amd64? multilib? Is it a
33 > more recent install than the other one (so that there should be no
34 > left-over cruft from, e.g., old python versions)?
35
36 Sorry to say, but I don't know the difference.
37 Both have nearly identical hardware (AMD Phenom II, same chipset)
38 Both are updated each day (~amd64) and both have nearly the same set
39 of packages installed.
40
41 This raises the question on how to compare two different Gentoo
42 installations?
43
44 Many thanks Arttu,
45 I'm glad you see the problem, as well.
46
47 I have many, many packages of dev-python/ installed.
48 Up to now media-gfx/exact-image is the only one which
49 causes trouble.
50
51 So, I'm lost right now.
52 (though exact-image is not an essential package for me at the moment)
53
54 Helmut.