From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange install path but only on one machine
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:10:03
1 On 7/5/10, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > MAKEOPTS=-j1 didn't help
3 >
4 > instead of
5 > /var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/exact-image-0.8.1/image//usr/lib64/
6 > python2.6/site-packages
7 >
8 > there is a file
9 > /var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/exact-image-0.8.1/image
10 > /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
11 >
12 > note lib not lib64
13 > python2.5 not python2.6
14 >
15 > eselect python list gives
16 > Available Python interpreters:
17 > [1] python2.6 *
18 > [2] python3.1
19 >
20 > So, where does this come from?
21
22 Unfortunately I have no more theories, short of broken python on
23 Gentoo (not just on your box). I can reproduce the problem in a test
24 environment I keep using, so it's probably not something due to, e.g.,
25 a need for revdep-rebuild or python-updater (although running them
26 rarely hurts).
27
28 But could tell us a bit more about the system on which this does *not*
29 happen? How is it different? Is it an x86 or amd64? multilib? Is it a
30 more recent install than the other one (so that there should be no
31 left-over cruft from, e.g., old python versions)?
34 Arttu V.