From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to resume 'emerge -e @world' after grub fails?
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:40:23
1 Am Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2017, 18:02:22 CET schrieb John Covici:
2 > I have been doing explicit packages as stated in another thread here
3 > and I just delete all the lines before the one that fails. I did not
4 > want to use --keep-going because I really did want to fix things as
5 > they came up, in case they might effect some packages further down on
6 > the list. What I did was to do
7 > emerge -ep @world | awk '/ebuild/ {print "="$4}' >a
8 >
9 > Once I had that a file, I just put emerge -1a before the first line
10 > and put \ at the end of each line and I was off to the slow races!
11 > Its been about a week with the bugs I had to research and the ebuilds
12 > I had to patch, etc. but its going now and there is only 1-200
13 > packages to go out of 1500 or so.
14
15 Fair enough, I suppose I've simply been overly irritable lately.
16
17 Greetings
18 --
19 Marc Joliet
20 --
21 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
22 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup