From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Web based ftp alternative
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 16:21:34
1 On Friday 31 October 2008, Momesso Andrea wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 08:23:23AM +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 29 October 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Have you considered the use of webdav, or webdavs? I believe it works
6 > > fine with either MSIE and/or MSWE. Of course it works a treat with
7 > > Konqueror. The only challenge would be to make sure that the users can
8 > > type in the correct address: webdav://my_site.com
9 >
10 > This sounds like a good idea. Can I set up different levels of access in
11 > different subfolders?
12
13 As far as I know webdav has the full range of acl controls:
14
15 http://webdav.org/specs/rfc3744.html
16
17 You can also set up .htaccess for the respective directory - but I haven't
18 look into it myself.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick