From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system uptime
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:50:33
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 30 Aug 2015 18:05:13 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On 30/08/2015 19:00, Dale wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Don't forget the clothes dryer to, if you have one. Mine is electric
6 >>> and it pulls as much as my water heater does. I just don't use it as
7 >>> much is all.
8 >> I forgot about that :-)
9 >>
10 >> Add in almost all laundry appliances and kitchen power tools too...
11 > Modern appliances with Green stickers on them (whatever they're called) are
12 > more efficient by design. To some extent this is also true with PCs. I still
13 > have an old Pentium 4 32bit running a couple of test environments and back up
14 > storage. I can assure you that the room gets hot after it has been running
15 > for a couple of hours! :-)
18 True. My old puter, AMD 2500+ with 3GBs of memory, pulled at least
19 double if not more than my current 4 core AMD with 16GBs of ram. I'm
20 not sure this new one has anything "green" on it but it is less power
21 hungry. My old also helped heat my old room. It had to be pretty cold
22 outside for me to turn the heat on.
23
24 My dryer tho, it's about 25 years old. I think it pulls around 4500
25 watts normally. Considering I have retired the heating element at least
26 5 or 6 times, it may pull a little more than that now. I might add, it
27 takes longer to dry clothes tho. I fear the day I can't tie that
28 element back together. I doubt I will ever find a element for that old
29 thing. I may have to get some new line for my old fashioned clothes
30 dryer. You know, two trees with a wire between them. A tree limb broke
31 my old one.
32
33 Dale
34