From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dinosaur Matrox Mystique: corruption
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 02:54:02
1 On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 00:56:18 +1000
2 "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > How would you recommend to go about trying vesa. That may be what Ubuntu is
6 > doing. Turn on vesa framebuffer?
9 Yes. Under - Device Driver --> Graphics support --> Select VESA VGA graphics support
10 The further down in the Gfx support section --> Console Display Driver Support -->
11 <*> VGA text console
12 <*> Video mode selection support
13 <*> Framebuffer Console support
14
15 > I backed down to 1024xsomething: vertical lines were scalloped/wavy. Someone
16 > mentioned this would be a timing issue, but I don't know what I'd do to
17 > microadjust timing? xvidtune? I'll try it.
20 Yes, xvidtune. Also, it mught be useful to download the mga.o from Matrox and
21 follow the instructions to replace the one in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules (if I recall
22 the path correctly).
23
24 Bob
25 -