From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB automount
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 22:44:31
1 On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:41:22AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
4 >
5 > > > I goto the root console which is always open on one of my desktops
6 > > > & enter 'musb', which is a Bash alias for a 'mount' command;
7 > >
8 > > Leaving aside the implications of leaving open a root console,
9 >
10 > My scripts use pmount and pumount, which are hard-coded to only
11 > mount/unmount devices in directory /media.
12 >
13 > > that mounts the stick as root. That's fine for a FAT filesystem as
14 > > you can specify mount options to make it world-readable, but what
15 > > about an external drive formatted with ext? What about an external
16 > > drive with multiple partitions?
17 >
18 > pmount/pumount to the rescue. See...
19 > http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/natty/man1/pmount.1.html
22 I didn't know about that. That's...awesome. And it'll save me trouble.
23
24 This is why I like this list; I learn stuff just by listening in.
27 :wq