From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB automount
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 21:58:41
1 On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:41:22AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
2
3 > > I goto the root console which is always open on one of my desktops
4 > > & enter 'musb', which is a Bash alias for a 'mount' command;
5 >
6 > Leaving aside the implications of leaving open a root console,
7
8 My scripts use pmount and pumount, which are hard-coded to only
9 mount/unmount devices in directory /media.
10
11 > that mounts the stick as root. That's fine for a FAT filesystem as
12 > you can specify mount options to make it world-readable, but what
13 > about an external drive formatted with ext? What about an external
14 > drive with multiple partitions?
15
16 pmount/pumount to the rescue. See...
17 http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/natty/man1/pmount.1.html
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications