From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB automount
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 09:44:35
1 On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:56:21 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > Why do people want to automount these sticks ?
4
5 Because it is easy and convenient, something computers are supposed to be
6 good for.
7
8 > I goto the root console which is always open on one of my desktops
9 > & enter 'musb', which is a Bash alias for a 'mount' command;
10
11 Leaving aside the implications of leaving open a root console, that
12 mounts the stick as root. That's fine for a FAT filesystem as you can
13 specify mount options to make it world-readable, but what about an
14 external drive formatted with ext? What about an external drive with
15 multiple partitions?
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 X-Modem- A device on the losing end of an encounter with lightning.