From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPTABLES syntax change?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:53:59
1 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 >
3 > My first -m state rule is,
4 > iptables -A INPUT -p ALL -m state \
5 > --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
6
7 That was mine, too (you can omit -p in this case, can't you?).
8
9 > And if what you say is true, I'd be in deep shit if it reset to,
10 > iptables -A INPUT -p ALL -m state -j ACCEPT
11 > without a warning.
12
13 It *was* resetted here. I just noticed it reading this discussion.
14
15 Don't exactly know what the "stateless" rule did (perhaps just
16 nothing?), but since I didn't notice it for a pretty long time,
17 it can't have been all to bad?! At least, it didn't crash the
18 whole system :-)
19
20 But I would have appreciated at least an update notice, too!
21
22 -Matt