From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] OOo-Calc import text when pasting from clipboard
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:05:46
1 Someone must have an idea how to crack this, no?
2
3 On 28/06/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > This is a bit OT. Two Gentoo boxen, one with compiled from source
5 > OOo, one with OOo-bin. I select a number of paths showing my modules,
6 > as produced on a terminal having run modprobe -ls, e.g.:
7 > ========================================
8 > /lib/modules/2.6.16-gentoo-r9/kernel/security/seclvl.ko
9 > /lib/modules/2.6.16-gentoo-r9/kernel/security/capability.ko
10 > /lib/modules/2.6.16-gentoo-r9/kernel/security/commoncap.ko
11 > ========================================
12 >
13 > Now, on the first box when I middle-click my mouse in OOo-Calc it
14 > opens a dialog box titled "Text Import - [Pasted Data]" and asks me
15 > what symbol I want to consider as a delimiter (Tab, Semicolon, Comma,
16 > other, etc) i.e. it interprets the clipboard data I selected from the
17 > terminal as a CSV text file.
18 >
19 > The problem is that on boxen number two, the OOo-bin just pastes each
20 > line into a single cell without asking how to treat the delimiters.
21 >
22 > I've spent an hour looking in the OOo Option settings and still cannot
23 > find how to turn on this text import CSV interpreter thingy. Would
24 > you perhaps know where is this 'secret' setting?
25 >
26 > PS. On a separate note, would any of you script junkies have
27 > something handy to parse the output of modprobe -ls and import the
28 > module names into /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6, sorted under
29 > commented out headers according with the category of modules - or am I
30 > being too lazy here? ;-)
31 > --
32 > Regards,
33 > Mick