From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 without udev/eudev
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 20:32:19
1 Anna:
2 > On 2021-08-21 22:17, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
3 > > Is there possible to resurrect the old drivers ?
4 > git clone https://anongit.gentoo.org/git/repo/gentoo.git && cd gentoo
5 > git log -p -- x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard
6 > git checkout commit_id
7 >
8 > Copy to your local overlay
9
10 Thanks Anna, done so.
11
12 > > Or is there another way to solve this ?
13 > Try libudev-zero (install it and add udev/libudev virtuals to
14 > package.provided)
15 > https://github.com/illiliti/libudev-zero
16
17 I'll be looking into that, but on some level, why should I be forced to
18 go around udev. Can't programs be compiled without udev today...
19 Udev should be an optional deamon, utilized when the local
20 administrator decides to do so. I don't want things to automatically
21 pop up unless I say so.
22
23 Regards,
24 /Karl Hammar