From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Latest kde Plasma appears to not autohide taskbar
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 18:35:24
1 On 04/10/16 01:44, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 09/04/2016 17:45, »Q« wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 9 Apr 2016 22:48:12 +0800
4 >> Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
5 >>
6 >> [plasma 5 panels]
7 >>> Even though I have "Autohide" selected, the thingy won't
8 >>> autohide. This is a real pain as I have the task bar running across
9 >>> the top of the screen and not autohiding means that it sits over the
10 >>> title bar of apps that are full screen. Due to this I can't change
11 >>> the position or size of the apps windows. I've moved the task bar to
12 >>> the bottom of the screen and the behaviour persists, not autohiding.
13 >>>
14 >>> Has anyone else come across this problem and fixed it or got
15 >>> any idea as to how I can fix it?
16 >>
17 >> It's bugging me too. For me, setting it to 'Always Visible' then back
18 >> to 'Auto Hide' cures it temporarily. I've now turned off taskbar
20 >> that seems to have fixed things, but it hasn't been long enough for me
21 >> to be sure.
24 > autohide works correctly here, so to track this down we'd need to find
25 > out how my setup differs from you two fellows
29 First and foremost would be "Where does the task bar store it's config
30 values such as Alignment and Visibility"? I've had a look in ~/.kde4 and
31 ~/.config and can't find anything - then again it is currently 02:34 in
32 Perth, Australia and waaay past my bedtime so I may have missed something.
33
34 Andrew