From: LinuxIsOne <linuxisone@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: can one tell me: gentoo vs opensuse
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:56:40
1 On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I do however run it on my 1998 vintage Pentium 3 laptop and before that on a
4 > Pentium 3 Coppermine.  KDE is sluggish and rebuilding KDE takes a day or so.
5 > That's why I don't run a full KDE ...  ;p  Only some KDE apps on e17.
6
7 However, Getoo could be great (I really don't know) but installing
8 Ubuntu is working like a charm (I still don't know anything in Linux!)
9 But I don't know why the creators of Gentoo made it so difficult for
10 beginners! It is typical then....