From: "Patrick Börjesson" <psycho@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: sendmail blocked by ssmtp...
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:23:55
1 On 05/07/21 10:48, Jarry wrote:
2 > I wanted to emerge "sendmail" (for a few reasons I don't want to
3 > use other MTA), and I see, that it is blocked by "ssmtp". Because
4 > I did not installed it, it must have been emerged as a dependency
5 > of some other package.
6 >
7 > Q1: Is it possible to find, which package depends on ssmtp and
8 > caused ssmtp to be emerged?
9 >
10 > I want to unmerge ssmtp and emerge sendmail, but I don't want to
11 > break some dependencies on my system. In manual there is BIG WARNING
12 > that portage does not check dependencies when unmerging...
13 >
14 > Q2: How can I get list of all packages, installed on my comp, with
15 > their dependencies?
16
17 If you want you can enable the "mailwrapper" use flag, which enables
18 multiple MTAs to be installed at the same time. Then you just edit
19 /etc/mail/mailer.conf to switch which MTA to be used...
20
21 Or you just "emerge -C ssmtp && emerge sendmail" and everything should
22 be fine.
25 Regards,
26 Patrick Börjesson
27
28 PGP signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x21792A5D
29 PGP fingerprint: 74AF D4EF 6BDE CF77 16BE 6A29 CDB8 7607 2179 2A5D