From: Andrey Gerasimenko <gak@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo healthy?
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:20:25
1 On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 05:23:25 +0300, Colleen Beamer
2 <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > ....
5 > I, for one, would be devastated without Gentoo!
6 > ....
7
8 I looked deep into myself and found that possibly it is fear that drives
9 this thread. Am I not the only one with the impresion that for the last 10
10 years or so good things in computing are routinely fading out or being
11 eaten by mediocre, if not plain stupid, "alternatives"?
12
13 This makes me think about another side of the problem. As stated by the
14 official site, <<"Gentoo" is many things. It is a community-based
15 distribution of Linux. It is a package management philosophy. It is also a
16 non-profit organization.>>
17
18 Is the non-profit organization side of Gentoo healthy? My brief Google
19 session does not reveal anything that suggests it is not, but if somebody
20 can and may comment on this, please do so.
23 Andrei Gerasimenko
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list