From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fire the fox.
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:06:57
1 On Sunday 19 September 2010 18:26:56 András Csányi wrote:
2 > On 19 September 2010 19:18, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Opera is faster than FF for sure both on my amd64 and my x86. I tried
4 > > Chrome once (early days then) and I couldn't tell if it was faster. I
5 > > gave up on it because I was not sure if the browser was calling home
6 > > with my browsing habits and if these were identifiable as coming from my
7 > > machine/IP address. In other words I wasn't sure to what extent Google
8 > > was recording my Internet journeys.
9 >
10 > Opera... :) Somebody can to tell me where is that config file which
11 > contains the language preferences? Because I have a new profile and I
12 > think the Opera try to communicate with me japan or chinese language.
13 > Everywhere are strange symbols... :)
14
15 Hmm, it should have inherited your default language setting.
16
17 Try Tools/General - at the bottom there is a drop down option to change the
18 language.
19
20 Alternatively, type opera:config and go down to User Prefs on the page that
21 opens. Then scroll down to find "Language File", "Language Files Directory",
22 etc. My "Language Files Directory" points to /usr/share/opera/locale/en-GB/
23
24 HTH
25 --
26 Regards,