From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 20:55:54
1 On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I take it that loading this module would cut both ways.  If I were to allow
3 > connections to my server only for *my* IP address, then that would be quite
4 > difficult to achieve if my IP address changed every few minutes.
5
6 Since you can have multiple addresses on an interface, you could
7 theoretically create a separate route just for your connections to
8 your server, using a consistent address rather than the randomized
9 one.
10
11 And of course in a world where we all get a large pool of address
12 space to do with what we please, you could skip the whole
13 auto-configuration thing entirely and just manually assign whatever
14 addresses you want. And another bonus is that there are plenty of
15 funny things we can spell in hexadecimal. ;)