From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug.
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 00:42:56
1 At Mon, 22 Dec 2008 02:40:15 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Monday 22 December 2008 02:28:26 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> I think that is a little harsh.  I dislike html mail, never send it,
5 >> and know perfectly well that this group is for text, bottom-posted mail.
6 >
7 > It's not intended to be harsh, it's intended to make some folk sit back, take
8 > a deep breath, giggle a bit at themselves and say
9 >
10 > "You know what? We're acting like a bunch of 6 year old numpties on the
11 > playground. Let's knock it off and have a beer instead..."
12 >
13 > Any parent who's kids have reached primary school recognises this behaviour...
14
15 Mine have graduated college and I missed it. It sounded harsh to me.
16 Perhaps my humor-mode was for some reason dialed down too far.
17
18 Anyway we agree that this is not a big deal.
19
20 allan