From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug.
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 00:40:35
1 On Monday 22 December 2008 02:28:26 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > I think that is a little harsh.  I dislike html mail, never send it,
3 > and know perfectly well that this group is for text, bottom-posted mail.
4
5 It's not intended to be harsh, it's intended to make some folk sit back, take
6 a deep breath, giggle a bit at themselves and say
7
8 "You know what? We're acting like a bunch of 6 year old numpties on the
9 playground. Let's knock it off and have a beer instead..."
10
11 Any parent who's kids have reached primary school recognises this behaviour...
15 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com