From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fail2ban: You have to create an init script for each container ...
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:51:47
1 On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 1:47 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Same here, so why does fail2ban get involved with containers?
6 Seems like there are three options here.
7 1. Run fail2ban on the host and have it look into the containers,
8 monitor their logs, and add host iptables rules to block connections.
9 2. Run fail2ban in each container and have it monitor its own logs,
10 and then add host iptables rules to block connections.
11 3. Run fail2ban in each container and have each container in its own
12 network namespace. Fail2ban can then add container iptables rules to
13 block connections.
14
15 I actually gave up on fail2ban after a bunch of issues. The only
16 place I get brute force attacks right now is ssh, and I'm using the
17 Google authenticator plugin. I just ignore the thousands of failed
18 ssh authentication attempts...
21 Rich