From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fail2ban: You have to create an init script for each container ...
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 18:47:40
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 10:48 AM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> I don't want to run fail2ban in the container because the container must
6 >>> not mess with the firewall settings of the host. If a container can do
7 >>> that, then what's the point of having containers in the first place?
8 >>>
9 >
10 > I've never used the LXC scripts to set up a container, but I actually
11 > run a firewall inside a container. You just need to run it in a
12 > separate network namespace so that it is messing with its own
13 > interface.
14 >
15 > In general, though, I wouldn't want my containers messing with my host
16 > interfaces.
17
18 Same here, so why does fail2ban get involved with containers?
21 >>> BTW, why does Gentoo put containers under /etc? Containers aren't
22 >>> configuration files ...
25 > I'd never put a container there. I can't speak to how the lxc scripts
26 > are intended to be used - I don't use those tools to manage
27 > containers. I typically stick my containers in their own place in
28 > btrfs subvolumes for easy management.
29
30 I wouldn't put them there, either. Yet Gentoo does, very unexpectedly.
31 I'll probably move the container into its own ZFS FS.
35 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
36 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.