From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panics and more info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:58:57
1 On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:46:55 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > You could also try the VESA drivers, slow but reliable.
4
5 > OK. How do I do the VESA drivers? Honestly, the only trouble I can
6 > recall out of nvidia was upgrading the kernel then rebooting and
7 > realizing I forgot to rebuild against the new kernel. I don't recall
8 > every having anything like this. The biggest GUI problem I can recall
9 > was hal and xorg. Let's not go down that road. < dale starts to steam
10 > Is VESA a kernel option or some package I need to install?
11
12 It's the standard video driver, x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "God created the world in six days. On the seventh day he also decided
19 to create England... just to try out his Practical Joke Weather Machine."