From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev upgrade 208 > 212-r1, openrc USE flag changed to disabled?
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 18:49:41
1 On 15/06/2014 16:48, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 6/14/2014 7:08 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> The answer is *always" in the ebuild and Changelog.
4 >
5 > I agree that, now that I know what and why, that it didn't rate a news
6 > item, but - especially with respect to anything related to the touchy
7 > subject of systemd/openrc - some kind of informational text explaining
8 > the change in the postinst text of the installation (I always read these
9 > emails when performing updates, even for non critical packages) is
10 > warranted (imnsho)...
16 You used the word "touchy", and that is the lynch factor here.
17
18 People are touchy about systemd, making the entire thing a
19 political/social argument and not a technical one. The tree is a 100%
20 technical creation and social/political factors do not feature.
21
22 Nothing broke and you were not required to make a decision. Hence no
23 news needed.
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com