From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which motherboard ?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:15:42
1 Jacques Montier wrote:
2 > Le 17/12/2010 21:45, Dale a gentiment tapote:
3 >
4 > --
5 > Jacques
6 > Site web<https://sites.google.com/site/jacquesfr35/>
9 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
10 >>
11 >>> I have no real opinion on that MB. I've never owned a Gigabyte so I
12 >>> don't have a real point of reference. I know other people here use
13 >>> them so I suspect they are fine.
14 >>>
15 >>> I personally like the Asus brand for flashing BIOS as it can be done
16 >>> from a USB stick. If Gigabyte supports anything like that (i.e. -
17 >>> doesn't require Windows or DOS or a floppy to flash BIOS) then it's
18 >>> probably a good candidate.
19 >>>
20 >>> Asus support isn't great. Their websites are slow and everyone seems
21 >>> to complain about lack of communication when they have problems.
22 >>> Again, I don't know anything about Gigabyte on that account.
23 >>>
24 >>> Good luck.
25 >>>
26 >>> - Mark
27 >>>
28 >>>
29 >>>
30 >> I recently bought a Gigabyte mobo and it has Q-Flash. It will update
31 >> the BIOS without needing a OS. According to the book, you just
32 >> download the update and put it on a USB stick, must be FAT32/16/12,
33 >> and hit the end key when the BIOS screen comes up. It sounds pretty
34 >> easy. I have not done this yet tho.
35 >>
36 >> Hope that helps.
37 >>
38 >> Dale
39 >>
40 >> :-) :-)
43 > Thank you Dale,
44 >
45 > The Asus P6X58D-E motherboard seems ready for USB-3.0
46 > Does Linux support USB-3.0 technology ?
47 >
48 > --
49 > Jacques
53 I think mine does here. I don't have anything that is USB 3 to test it
54 tho. I don't think the mobo you selected supports it hardware wise
55 tho. I think that was what I read in the link you posted. May want to
56 check and make sure.
57
58 Dale
59