From: Jacques Montier <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which motherboard ?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:07:22
1 Le 17/12/2010 21:45, Dale a gentiment tapote:
4 Jacques
5 Site web <https://sites.google.com/site/jacquesfr35/>
6
7 > Mark Knecht wrote:
8 >> I have no real opinion on that MB. I've never owned a Gigabyte so I
9 >> don't have a real point of reference. I know other people here use
10 >> them so I suspect they are fine.
11 >>
12 >> I personally like the Asus brand for flashing BIOS as it can be done
13 >> from a USB stick. If Gigabyte supports anything like that (i.e. -
14 >> doesn't require Windows or DOS or a floppy to flash BIOS) then it's
15 >> probably a good candidate.
16 >>
17 >> Asus support isn't great. Their websites are slow and everyone seems
18 >> to complain about lack of communication when they have problems.
19 >> Again, I don't know anything about Gigabyte on that account.
20 >>
21 >> Good luck.
22 >>
23 >> - Mark
27 > I recently bought a Gigabyte mobo and it has Q-Flash. It will update
28 > the BIOS without needing a OS. According to the book, you just
29 > download the update and put it on a USB stick, must be FAT32/16/12,
30 > and hit the end key when the BIOS screen comes up. It sounds pretty
31 > easy. I have not done this yet tho.
32 >
33 > Hope that helps.
34 >
35 > Dale
36 >
38 >
39 Thank you Dale,
40
41 The Asus P6X58D-E motherboard seems ready for USB-3.0
42 Does Linux support USB-3.0 technology ?
45 Jacques