From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommended applications
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 15:04:17
1 Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am 24.05.2015 um 16:14 schrieb wabenbau@×××××.com:
4 > > behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> So I am going to use console based tools mostly. I will also
7 > >> replace KDE with i3wm.
8 > >>
9 > >> What do you recommend as a replacement for kmail? (is mutt a good
10 > >> choise?)
11 > >
12 > > Many years ago I also looked for a replacement for kmail, because
13 > > kde3 was not longer supported and I disliked kde4. First I used
14 > > thunderbird but I was not very lucky with it (filters were poor and
15 > > enigmail also was not very komfortable IIRC).
16 > > I've tested all available e-mail clients and at the end I sticked
17 > > with claws mail. I'm still using this client and I'm very lucky
18 > > with it. However, if you prefer HTML-Mail, then it is maybe not the
19 > > best choice for you.
20 > >
21 > > Btw, I'm using geany as text editor, ding as dictionary, thunar as
22 > > filemanager (sometimes also caja), qpdfview as document viewer,
23 > > geeqie as image viewer, sonata as mpd client, audacious as music
24 > > player and xfce as "DE".
25 >
26 > He actually asked for console tools. The tools you listed are only GUI
27 > tools.
28
29 Sorry. I overlooked this detail.
32 Regards