From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommended applications
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 14:19:45
1 Am 24.05.2015 um 16:14 schrieb wabenbau@×××××.com:
2 > behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> So I am going to use console based tools mostly. I will also replace
5 >> KDE with i3wm.
6 >>
7 >> What do you recommend as a replacement for kmail? (is mutt a good
8 >> choise?)
9 >
10 > Many years ago I also looked for a replacement for kmail, because kde3
11 > was not longer supported and I disliked kde4. First I used thunderbird
12 > but I was not very lucky with it (filters were poor and enigmail also
13 > was not very komfortable IIRC).
14 > I've tested all available e-mail clients and at the end I sticked with
15 > claws mail. I'm still using this client and I'm very lucky with it.
16 > However, if you prefer HTML-Mail, then it is maybe not the best choice
17 > for you.
18 >
19 > Btw, I'm using geany as text editor, ding as dictionary, thunar as
20 > filemanager (sometimes also caja), qpdfview as document viewer, geeqie
21 > as image viewer, sonata as mpd client, audacious as music player and
22 > xfce as "DE".
23
24 He actually asked for console tools. The tools you listed are only GUI
25 tools.