From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:03:35
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > OK. I thought I would try some different versions of software and see
4 > what happens. With the info Neil provided about what does what, I
5 > thought I would try a different version of cdrtools. I went to a older
6 > version and it worked fine on the first try with my backup file. It is
7 > as I type burning the second DVD with no errors yet. I'm using
8 > cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha57-r1 at the moment. Maybe this will work.
9
10 As mentioned before, if it works for you _after_ this change, you did not prove
11 anything. In special you did not prove that the change is a result _from_
12 changing releases.
13
14 There are many changes in cdrtools since January 2009, but there was no change
15 that could affect your problem.
16
17 Your media was either accepted after several tries by the drive for unknown
18 reasons and is now usable in general again or you are observing a problem
19 caused by "hald". Note that hald does not care about the CD/DVD/BD Writing
20 process and interrupts it. This is why hald may cause any strange result.
23 Jörg
26 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
27 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)
28 joerg.schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/