From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shutting down process hangs - how to proceed?
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:26:02
1 > Hi,
2 > I got a similar problem too once... and what was making the system
3 > hang wasn't the last shutting down thing listed, but the one just
4 > after (so i don't think it's net.lo fault in your case). So i suggest
5 > to have a look at which services are started at boot, but aren't
6 > shutted down. Turning off parallel boot could help you find out the
7 > responsible service.
8 > In my case it was a misconfiguration of the alsa module, which
9 > shouldn't be unloaded at shotdown time...
10 > HTH
11 > Davide
12
13 Hi Davide,
14
15 Is there any way to figure out, in which sequence what is shut down
16 *without* actually shutting down ther system?
17
18 Have a nice weekend! :)
19 Best regards,
20 mcc
26 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
27 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
28 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
29 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.