From: "Aleksey V. Kunitskiy" <alexey.kv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntpd clock adjusting
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:23:42
1 On Friday 27 July 2007 23:04, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Don't know openntpd because I'm using ntpd, but: It seems the numbers are
3 > decreasing, so it looks like normal operation. At some point time will be
4 > adjusted completely.
5 Yes, it is OK. I've just found it on openbsd.org:
6 "...Once your clock is accurately set, ntpd will hold it at a high degree of
7 accuracy, however, if your clock is more than a few minutes off, it is highly
8 recommended that you bring it to close to accurate initially, as it may take
9 days or weeks to bring a very-off clock to sync. You can do this using
10 the "-s" option of ntpd(8) or any other way to accurately set your system
11 clock."
15 best regards,
16 Aleksey V. Kunitskiy
17 my public GPG/PGP key: http://www.alexey-kv.org.ua/pubkey.asc