From: "Roland Häder" <r.haeder@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Some essential packages fail to compile
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 11:35:47
1 Hi all,
2
3 attached is a tar ball with all /var/run/portage/*/*/temp/* files. Can you please take a look a t the individual build.log files? E.g. I need to get klibc working else I cannot install dracut with "gensplash crypt plymouth" modules.
4
5 I can file a bug report per package if you want me to do it. But maybe there is a quicker fix available.
6
7 I use distcc and two nodes are running 64 bit (this Gentoo is being installed on 32 bit hardware). Most packages works fine with it, so my guess is that some packages ignore the important gcc flags (-m32 / -march=i686) which results in compiling a 64 bit object file on the 64 bit nodes.
8
9 The 64 bit nodes are Debian nodes which all can cross-compile (as I mentioned above, some packages were cross-compiled on these nodes without troubles because they honor the extra flags).
10
11 Regards,
12 Roland

var-tmp-portage.tar.bz2 application/octet-stream