From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE slow shutdown
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:54:18
1 On Saturday 19 April 2008, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Samstag, 19. April 2008, Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I have noticed that a box running pretty much vanilla KDE is taking an
6 > > awful long time to exit the KDE session when I shutdown. Couldn't find
7 > > anything in the logs. How could I troubleshoot it?
8 >
9 > lsof &grep can tell you which files are accessed. Maybe it takes a looong
10 > time writing to kdm.log (something that sometimes make my shutdowns
11 > extremely slow).
12
13 Thanks Volker,
14
15 How do you mean I need to run lsof? Use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch to a console
16 quickly while KDE is shutting down and run it from there, or run something in
17 the background?
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick