From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE slow shutdown
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:24:06
1 On Samstag, 19. April 2008, Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday 19 April 2008, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Samstag, 19. April 2008, Mick wrote:
4 > > > Hi All,
5 > > >
6 > > > I have noticed that a box running pretty much vanilla KDE is taking an
7 > > > awful long time to exit the KDE session when I shutdown. Couldn't find
8 > > > anything in the logs. How could I troubleshoot it?
9 > >
10 > > lsof &grep can tell you which files are accessed. Maybe it takes a looong
11 > > time writing to kdm.log (something that sometimes make my shutdowns
12 > > extremely slow).
13 >
14 > Thanks Volker,
15 >
16 > How do you mean I need to run lsof? Use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch to a console
17 > quickly while KDE is shutting down and run it from there,
18
19 exactly - and you do have to do it as root ;)
20
21 lsof shows the open files. In my case, when shutting down hangs for ages it is
22 always shutdown accessing kdm.log. But that is only my problem - your problem
23 might me be something completly different. Are you saving sessions?
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list