From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE slow shutdown
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:55:40
1 On Saturday 19 April 2008, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Samstag, 19. April 2008, Mick wrote:
3
4 > > How do you mean I need to run lsof? Use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch to a
5 > > console quickly while KDE is shutting down and run it from there,
6 >
7 > exactly - and you do have to do it as root ;)
8 >
9 > lsof shows the open files. In my case, when shutting down hangs for ages it
10 > is always shutdown accessing kdm.log. But that is only my problem - your
11 > problem might me be something completly different. Are you saving sessions?
12
13 Hmm, I suspect I may do. This is my wife's machine which I rarely use and am
14 not sure (plus I'm not particularly KDE-literate I'm afraid). How do I
15 check?
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick