From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] forcing Gentoo to accept simple password
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 18:30:02
1 On 2/7/21 2:58 AM, David Haller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Sat, 06 Feb 2021, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
5 >> What changing one need to make to force gentoo log-in to accept
6 >> simple password. The system is not a high security risk so I have no
7 >> need for a sophisticated password.
8 >
9 >> I think it has to do something with file: /etc/pam.d/system-auth
10 > [..]
11 >> password required pam_passwdqc.so config=/etc/security/passwdqc.conf
12 >
13 > Uninstall sys-auth/passwdqc... From it's manpage:
14 >
15 > ====
16 > DESCRIPTION
17 > The pam_passwdqc module is a simple password strength checking
18 > module for PAM.
19 > ====
20 >
21 > You need to remove the 'passwdqc' USE flag from sys-auth/pambase, else
22 > it'll get pulled in again.
23 >
24 > HTH,
25 > -dnh
26
27 Thank you, that worked!
28 unmerging "sys-auth/passwdqc" and compile "sys-auth/pambase" without "passwdqc" solved the problem