From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] forcing Gentoo to accept simple password
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 10:01:11
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sat, 06 Feb 2021, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >What changing one need to make to force gentoo log-in to accept
5 >simple password. The system is not a high security risk so I have no
6 >need for a sophisticated password.
7
8 >I think it has to do something with file: /etc/pam.d/system-auth
9 [..]
10 >password required pam_passwdqc.so config=/etc/security/passwdqc.conf
11
12 Uninstall sys-auth/passwdqc... From it's manpage:
13
14 ====
15 DESCRIPTION
16 The pam_passwdqc module is a simple password strength checking
17 module for PAM.
18 ====
19
20 You need to remove the 'passwdqc' USE flag from sys-auth/pambase, else
21 it'll get pulled in again.
22
23 HTH,
24 -dnh
27 Linux is not a desktop OS for people whose VCRs are still
28 flashing "12:00". -- Paul Tomblin