From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SCIRE Project
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:52:01
1 On 13/02/07, Daniel van Ham Colchete <daniel.colchete@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello everyone!!!!
3 >
4 > Here on my company we are going to start deploying Gentoo Linux on our
5 > customers. Every server will have the very same installed packages,
6 > the very same use flags, very same cflags, only a few configurations
7 > will differ.
8 >
9 > I would like the deployment and maintenance to be done as easily as
10 > possible because this project needs to be scalable to more than 100
11 > servers. Although we are going to install only 10 servers in the
12 > beginning, my boss says that I should be prepared for this number to
13 > grow.
14
15 I don't know anything about SCIRE but you may want to take a look at puppet:
16 http://reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet/index.html
17
18 There are ebuilds available from bugs.gentoo.org.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Duane.
24 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list