From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel Modules
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 20:45:16
1 On Thursday 09 Jun 2011 21:06:12 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > > Apparently, though unproven, at 21:03 on Thursday 09 June 2011, Dale did
5 > > opine
6 > >
7 > > thusly:
8 > >> Alan McKinnon wrote:
9 > >> > Sure, but I can use ln in my sleep.
10 > >> >
11 > >> > eselect OTOH, is something I always have to run bit by bit to recall
12 > >> > the invocation. That's just way too much effort for this here old
13 > >> > git....
14 > >>
15 > >> I'm still not used to eselect and its options. They are sensible but I
16 > >> just haven't got the hang of it. I been practicing tho. I do eselect
17 > >> modules list then go from there. You are right tho Alan, in the end, it
18 > >> takes longer. I bet it was supposed to save time too. lol
19 > >
20 > > On the whole, eselect is a good idea, just some of it's modules are
21 > > extreme.
22 > >
23 > > eselect opengl and eselect python are just two examples of things I have
24 > > no idea how to accomplish manually
25 >
26 > I'm okay with most of them, but whenever I need to use "eselect news"
27 > my brain comes up empty.
28
29 Aha! I had to memorise that because it kept popping up every time I would run
30 emerge (and couldn't be bothered to run eselect at the time). So it is:
31
32 eselect news read new
33
34 it sort of rhymes. ;-)