From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel Modules
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 20:08:53
1 On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 21:03 on Thursday 09 June 2011, Dale did opine
3 > thusly:
4 >
5 >> Alan McKinnon wrote:
6 >> > Sure, but I can use ln in my sleep.
7 >> >
8 >> > eselect OTOH, is something I always have to run bit by bit to recall the
9 >> > invocation. That's just way too much effort for this here old git....
10 >>
11 >> I'm still not used to eselect and its options.  They are sensible but I
12 >> just haven't got the hang of it.  I been practicing tho.  I do eselect
13 >> modules list then go from there.  You are right tho Alan, in the end, it
14 >> takes longer.  I bet it was supposed to save time too. lol
15 >
16 > On the whole, eselect is a good idea, just some of it's modules are extreme.
17 >
18 > eselect opengl and eselect python are just two examples of things I have no
19 > idea how to accomplish manually
20
21 I'm okay with most of them, but whenever I need to use "eselect news"
22 my brain comes up empty.