From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel Modules
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:40:57
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 21:03 on Thursday 09 June 2011, Dale did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Sure, but I can use ln in my sleep.
6 > >
7 > > eselect OTOH, is something I always have to run bit by bit to recall the
8 > > invocation. That's just way too much effort for this here old git....
9 >
10 > I'm still not used to eselect and its options. They are sensible but I
11 > just haven't got the hang of it. I been practicing tho. I do eselect
12 > modules list then go from there. You are right tho Alan, in the end, it
13 > takes longer. I bet it was supposed to save time too. lol
14
15 On the whole, eselect is a good idea, just some of it's modules are extreme.
16
17 eselect opengl and eselect python are just two examples of things I have no
18 idea how to accomplish manually
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com