From: Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: default stage3 (was : [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:22:19
1 Maybe it's just me, but I have never seen the Stage 1 as any harder than
2 Stage 3. The only difference was... umm... setting your CFLAGS and USE
3 flags. Seriously, how hard is it to type bootstrap, or emerge -e system?
4
5 I am not saying the move is bad, I totally understand it. I hope that the
6 new docs do have a "How to recompile everything" at the end somewhere
7 though, for those of us that like the optimization.
8
9 As far as I've seen, stage 1 is still on the mirrors. If it's really an
10 issue for you, why not download it and just run bootstrap and emerge?
11