From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple package instances within a single package slot
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 19:43:55
1 On 04/10/2013 17:40, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Well. Sort of. Emerge also wanted to re-merge libreoffice, I have no idea
3 > why. The same happened yesterday when I upgraded portage. Whatever :) This
4 > time, I used --exclude app-office/libreoffice to avoid this.
7 probably a poppler or icu or java update, or any one of the many things
8 libreoffice uses that changes ABI at the drop of a hat.
9
10 Recent portage with subslot support triggers a libreoffice rebuild when
11 that happens, it is seldom an error. You can leave it out of the world
12 emerge to speed things up, but revdep-rebuild is probably going to also
13 find it and want to do the same
16 Alan McKinnon
17 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com