From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple package instances within a single package slot
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 16:00:03
1 Alan McKinnon writes:
2
3 > On 04/10/2013 17:40, Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > > Well. Sort of. Emerge also wanted to re-merge libreoffice, I have no
5 > > idea why. The same happened yesterday when I upgraded portage.
6 > > Whatever :) This time, I used --exclude app-office/libreoffice to
7 > > avoid this.
8 >
9 > probably a poppler or icu or java update, or any one of the many things
10 > libreoffice uses that changes ABI at the drop of a hat.
11 >
12 > Recent portage with subslot support triggers a libreoffice rebuild when
13 > that happens, it is seldom an error. You can leave it out of the world
14 > emerge to speed things up, but revdep-rebuild is probably going to also
15 > find it and want to do the same
16
17 No, there is something wrong here. When I updated portage, it also
18 remerged libreoffice. Upgrading claws-mail updated dev-libs/libdbusmenu
19 and dev-libs/libindicate, and wanted to remerge libreoffice, which I
20 avoided.
21 Next, I updated chromium, which also remerged libreoffice. Again.
22
23 And whatever package I try to update, emerge wants to remerge
24 libreoffice. Happens with all the packages I tried, which are
25 adobe-flash, python, zsh, xterm.
26
27 Alex