From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple package instances within a single package slot
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 18:02:42
1 On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 17:59:52 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > No, there is something wrong here. When I updated portage, it also
4 > remerged libreoffice. Upgrading claws-mail updated dev-libs/libdbusmenu
5 > and dev-libs/libindicate, and wanted to remerge libreoffice, which I
6 > avoided.
7 > Next, I updated chromium, which also remerged libreoffice. Again.
8 >
9 > And whatever package I try to update, emerge wants to remerge
10 > libreoffice. Happens with all the packages I tried, which are
11 > adobe-flash, python, zsh, xterm.
12
13 If portage believes LO needs to be rebuilt, it will try to do so
14 whichever packages you are emerging, just let it happen. With a suitable
15 --jobs setting, portage will emerge all the other packages before LO is
16 done.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Windows Multitasking - screwing up several things at once