From: Evan Klitzke <eklitzke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Module philosophy: Compile-in or Load
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:29:11
1 On 6/11/06, Anthony E. Caudel <acaudel@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I was wondering what gentoo-users think and practice about kernel
3 > modules. Do most compile them in the kernel or load them at boot-up.
4
5 I have heard a security argument made that it is safer to compile
6 everything into the kernel, and disable support for modules entirely.
7 The reason for this is that if someone can load malicious modules on
8 your system they can basically circumvent any security systems you are
9 using, including things like SELinux and grsec.
10
11 -- Evan Klitzke
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list