From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - which X terminal do you use?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 23:32:42
1 On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 02:56:46PM -0500, Penguin Lover Harry Putnam squawked:
2 > > I also looked for a drop-down term. Couldn't find one that I really
3 > > liked, so just made a wrapper myself for aterm in fvwm using a
4 > > borderless window, key binding for focus and shading, and EdgeCommand.
5 > >
6 > > It is quite convenient.
7 >
8 > What do you guys mean by `drop-down'?
11 Do you play FPS? Think how in many of those games you can hit ~ to
12 bring down a console that convers half the screen...
13
14 The basic idea (for me, at least) is a terminal window that is sticky
15 (so persists between desktops) and, normally, is shaded. It should be
16 able to react to a keyboard trigger so it unrolls from the top of the
17 screen and stays always on top and doesn't lose focus when it is
18 unrolled.
19
20 HTH,
21
22 W
23 --
24 "Stewardesses" is the longest word
25 typed with only the left hand,
26 "lollipop" is the longest word
27 typed with your right hand; given that
28 you don't type in Dvorak.
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 185 days, 15:06
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list