From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] any gentoo mutt users?
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 09:47:57
1 On Sun, 3 May 2009 00:06:54 -0400
2 James <jtp@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I've thought about doing something similar to this, but it's a last
5 > resort. I end up using mutt on various different workstations and it'd
6 > be nice to run everything "locally". Obviously a solution where I'm
7 > fetching mail on every machine where I'm using mutt doesn't scale very
8 > well.
9
10 But that's exactly the benefit of IMAP - you can always access your
11 mail, gathered from dozens of mailboxes and neatly sorted and filtered
12 to your folders, from any workstation, pda, smartphone etc.
13
14 And everything you do in this "metabox" just stays there, so you don't
15 have to care about transferring messages between local boxes,
16 remembering the messages you've replied to or already read, sorting,
17 filtering...
18
19 > It's certainly an alternative, however, if I can't find anything else
20 > that works.
21
22 I've read much criticism of imap protocol, but with such widespread
23 adoption I doubt there can be anything more versatile at the moment.
26 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net